Social Bookmarking For Business Statistics
Should social bookmarking be part of your businesses marketing campaign? Do social bookmarking sites hold anyway value? The quick and short answer to those questions is yes, but you need to read on to understand why. Understanding why is important as you will then know what it is you need to do to get the most out of your bookmarking campaigns.
Bookmarking should be an active part of your marketing campaign but one that shouldn’t take up too much of you time. If you use social bookmarking sites or are thinking about it then I strongly suggest installing a browser plugin called “AddThis”, its free and makes booking really easy and really quick.
A social bookmarking website is a place for you to store, organize, share, manage and search for webpages of interest that you or others have submitted. These websites attract a lot of visitors and interest, for example Reddit receives on average 271,247,930 page views per day.
Content publishing is important if you have a website, posting fresh new content on a regular basis keeps visitors coming back and more importantly the search engines. When we finish writing a post and publish it to the world, we will then submit it to all the social bookmaking sites we have an account with. This is why I say you should download the “AddThis” tool bar as you can submit to your favorite bookmarking sites with one or two clicks of the button.
Millions of users flock to social bookmarking sites everyday, they are a good place for news, latest reviews, informative articles and anything else web based. A well written post with a catchy title can go far, if your article gets voted up it will be seen on the sites homepage or at the top of the category pages. The traffic that you would receive from these links would be pretty high. For example, on average social bookmarking site might send you 25 visitors per post but one that gets voted up and displayed in the right places would receive anyway from 500+ visitors. Even if you get the low end figure of 25 and submit your link to the top 10 social bookmarking sites you would still receive atleast 250 visitors minimum as a result, that’s not bad.
With our sites and our clients sites, we would go through each page submitting it to the top social bookmarking sites. If our client has never done this before then they are normally surprised at the amount of traffic, leads, comments and other interactions it produces. The chances are if you didn’t come across this post from the search engines then you most probably came from a social bookmarking site or a social networking site. When we promote content we use all platforms available to us, and so should you.
When you use social bookmarking sites or any other site that allows hashtags or tags make sure you use them. This makes it easier for the people using the site to find your content, and the search engines like Google now look at hashtags within their ranking algorithm
Social Bookmarking Statistics
We have gathered information and compiled it below to give you an easy to read statistical breakdown of some of the top social bookmarking sites. Unlike the social networks, social bookmarking sites aren’t so forthcoming with their usage stats.
• 212,818,668 users visited the site in September alone
• 7,866,189,968 pages were viewed altogether (sept 2015)
• 26,746,358 votes were cast across all topics (sept 2015)
• Reddit averages 271,247,930 page views per day
• Reddit was released in 2005
• 190 million posts have been published
• 16 billions up-votes since its release
• 2.5 billion down-votes since its release
• The Reddit app was installed 16. millions times in 2014
• 71.2 billion page views in 2014
• 54.9 million posts were submitted in 2014
• The largest demographic is 18-29 year olds at 15.7%
• 113.9 Millions posts per day
• Average Tumblr visit length is 28 minutes
• 68% of users connect via the app
• The average Tumblr user views around 67 pages per month
• 17% of Tumblr visits happen during work
• 7.2% of Flickrs referral traffic came from Tumblr
• 66% of visitors are under 35 and 39% are under 25
• Only 31 of the Top 100 Brands Use Tumblr
• 28 of the 31 brands are also on Instagram or Pinterest
• Pinterest has a noticeably higher female member base
• Only 1 in 3 new signups are male
• 75% of users connect via a mobile device
• Pins of products that included a price got average 36% more likes
• Promoted pins continue to perform well, long after the campaign has ended
• 67% of content pinned comes from a commercial website
• 73% of users would rather follow a brand than a celebrity
• 47% of pinners have bought something after seeing it on pinterest
• 12% of all searches are spelt incorrectly
• 60% of Pinterest users are below the age of 42
• Average visit duration is 14.2 minutes
• Over 75 million users have connected using their Facebook accounts
Written by Michael Tedder
Over 9 years in the search engine optimization and digital marketing field.